Here are a few new ones for you…
AMERICA’s TOP TEN GROCERY LIST ITEMS- Here is a list of the most commonly purchased items in American Grocery stores as of 1997.
10. Winston Cigarettes
9. Foldgers Coffee
8. Tide Detergent
7. Campbell’s Soup
6. Budweiser Beer
5. Diet Coke
3. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
2. Coke Classic
1. Marlboro Cigarettes
* Notice there was not a single unprocessed food on the list.
SODA FACTS- Here are a few surprising facts from Men’s Health Magazine on the dangers of soda and why you should give it up…
1. Soda evidently fattens your organs. In addition, dyes and artificial sweeteners have been linked to brain cell damage and hyperactivity.
2. Soda contains flame retardants. It is known to be toxic and is used to keep the artificial flavoring from separating out from the rest of the liquid.
3. Drinking soda makes you an experiment. The high fructose corn syrup found in so many colas has only been around since the 1990s. We therefore do not know the long term consequences of its intake. We do know that genetically modified crops in general are starting to get linked with damage to the digestive tract, premature aging and infertility.
MONSANTO’s TOP TEN- Here is a list of the top ten things Monsanto, one of the largest Agricultural Companies in the world and maker of Roundup, seems to be doing to ruin our health and our environment…
1. Generating massive amounts of greenhouse gas pollution (carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide).
2. Polluting the environment and the soil with pesticides, chemical fertilizers and persistent toxins known to adversely affect the health of humans.
3. Draining and polluting wetlands and aquifers, turning farmland into deserts.
4. Poisoning wells and municipal drinking water, lakes and rivers.
5. Chopping down rainforests for genetically modified crops.
6. Increasing the cost of food, yet reducing the nutritional content of the food.
7. Creating pesticide-resistant “super” bugs and weeds, and antibiotic resistant bacteria.
8. Generating new and stronger plant, animal and human diseases.
9. Forcing farmers that do not want to use their products to use their products by spreading them into farmers fields and then suing the farmers for using their products without paying.
10. Basically lobbying the government to take money from the tax payer to give them, an unbelievably rich company, very large amounts of money in the form of government subsidies.
Hope this helps,
Dr Matt and Dr Robin
This week’s bit of Useless Information:A top freestyle swimmer achieves a speed of only four miles per hour. Fish, in contrast, have been clocked at sixty-eight miles per hour.
This email is courtesy of Matthew Barnes, D.C. and Robin Barnes, D.C. Neither this nor any of our emails are intended to be medical advice and should not be taken as such. They are opinion and are for informational purposes only. None of the nutrients discussed here are meant to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.