BEDS- If we had a dime for every time someone asked us which bed they should get… well, you get the picture.
It is a very common topic and a very common question. Some authorities claim sleep problems are the #1 health concern, since so many people have sleep problems, and during sleep is when you heal and regenerate. The right bed is not always the answer, but it sure doesn’t hurt.
Our favorite beds have always been latex mattresses (not memory foam). In our research, we’ve recently come across what may be the next step- gel mattresses.
FULL DISCLOSURE- We try to tell you exactly what we think, regardless of what is in it for us. In this case, we want you to know that in finding this company, it turns out we can sell their mattresses over the internet. So there is something in it for us. Regardless, we are excited about this bed, and were planning on recommending it before we found out we could sell it.
INTELLIBED- The mattress is called Intellibed and here is what we like about it…
1. It is made out of gel cups which disperse pressure outwards to keep from hurting pressure points.
2. Most modern mattresses use synthetic foams (polyurethane, memory foam, even our latex, memory gels, etc) which give off noxious fumes over time. This gel mattress does not.
3. The gel is 100% non-toxic and hypoallergenic.
4. The company allows you to test the mattress for 60 days. If not happy with the product, you can return it any time within those 60 days. You do have to pay return shipping though.
5. If you are having trouble sleeping, we can write you a prescription for the mattress. Keep the prescription and receipt and the mattress is tax deductible as a medical necessity.
6. The gel material is supposedly so durable it lasts 2-3 times longer than other mattresses. For this reason, the bed comes with a 30 year warranty. Most beds start to dip within 6 months to a year. This bed should keep its shape for up to 30 years. Latex should do the same, up to 20 or 25 years, but latex may give off noxious fumes.
HOW TO LOOK INTO INTELLIBED:
1. Go to http://www.intellibed.com/ and look into the beds yourself.
2. Ask us any questions you like.
3. After purchase, if not satisfied, just return the bed within 60 days (be sure to follow the proper procedure for returning your mattress – read about the policy prior to purchase).
4. If you like the bed, please let us know. If you do not, please let us know that as well, and why. When our name is linked to a product, so is our reputation- and we do care about that.
Hope this helps,
Dr Matt and Dr Robin
http://barneschiropractic.wordpress.com (newsletter archives)
This week’s bit of Useless Information: When filming summer scenes in winter, actors suck on ice cubes just before the camera rolls – it cools their mouths so their breath doesn’t condense in the cold air
This email is courtesy of Matthew Barnes, D.C. and Robin Barnes, D.C. Neither this nor any of our emails are intended to be medical advice and should not be taken as such. They are opinion and are for informational purposes only. None of the nutrients discussed here are meant to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.