Hopefully, you know someone that has used us and has recommended us to you. This is our number one source of business, and that’s the way we like it.
In addition to trying to treat you like family, we offer state-of-the-art Chiropractic, Chiropractic Acupuncture, Acupressure work, Cupping, Guasha and the use of a wide variety of supplements and Chinese Herbal Medicines, as well as the use of Chiroflow Water Pillows, shoe inserts from Foot Levelers and Ortho Feet and gel mattresses from IntelliBED. We utilize advanced adjusting instruments like the Arthostim for those who like more gentle treatments, as well as the Vibracussor for deep trigger point work.
Dr. Matt and Dr. Robin met at Life Chiropractic School back in 1993. Dr. Matt grew up in North Carolina and had a degree in Biochemistry and Chemistry from North Carolina State University. The problem with that kind of degree is that most jobs offered are in a lab, and Dr. Matt didn’t want to be stuck in a lab. He did talk with someone about working in the forensics department of the FBI at one time, but decided against it. He also considered medical school, but felt a natural approach fit what he was looking for better. He had always been fascinated with Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, and decided to make Alternative Medicine his career.
Dr. Robin grew up in Adamsville, TN and was valedictorian of her high school. She really didn’t know what she wanted to do for a living at first, so she initially went to school to get a general degree. After being adjusted by a local Chiropractor, she decided Chiropractic was for her and headed off to school where she and Dr. Matt both would eventually graduate with top honors- Summa Cum Laude. Since getting adjusted on a regular basis, and living a healthier, more Chiropactic lifestyle, Dr Robin’s asthma and yearly trips to the hospital for pneumonia went away. Similarly, Dr. Matt had health issues that most people think require medications or surgery eased under his wife’s care.
Now, we are no longer the student or patient, but the doctors trying to help other people with similar issues we were helped with, plus a wide variety of others. Really, we accept patients with just about any health issues. The most common conditions we see all day long, day in and day out, are painful conditions, like back pain, neck pain, headaches, knee pains, shoulder and elbow pains, sciatica, TMJD and carpal tunnel syndrome. If it is a pain, we can usually help, regardless of where it occurs in the body. On the rare occasion we are not able to help, we have no problem recommending the proper medical alternative.
In America, it is illegal to diagnose or treat any disorder unless you are a medical doctor with a current medical license in good standing. We do see a wide variety of conditions other than pain that people come to us to get help with. Chiropractic Acupuncture and Supplement useage are often able to strengthen the body so that it is able to correct malfunctions on its own. That is the goal at our clinic. We are not trying to diagnose or treat medical conditions, but instead to help the body work better, so that it may be able to heal itself.
That being said, we have seen patients for fertility issues, digestive problems, sinus and allergy problems, cancer patients who want to feel better, have less pain and nausea, and increase their immune systems. We also see quite a few people who simply want to maintain good health. In fact, a good portion of the people we see, once they are feeling better, decide to stay on for monthly prevention and maintenance health visits- but that is their choice and not something we require.
Again, we are not medical doctors and do not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease,
We both very much believe in what we do, and have seen first hand how powerful the healing effects of Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Supplements can be- both through our own experiences, and through others’. We also very much believe there is a time and place for everything, including modern medicine and surgery, and have absolutely no problem recommending those approaches when necessary. However, we do believe that modern medicine is very powerful and is often overused. Instead of using surgery and strong medications as a first approach for non-emergency disorders, we believe gentler initial approaches often make more sense.
In the end, we believe that all healthcare treatments from mainstream to alternative are simply tools with advantages and disadvantages. The secret is to figure out which tools will be best to use in each individual case – usually the least invasive approach that will cause the greatest positive changes with the least negative side effects in that particular situation.
Probably the best thing about our clinic is our openness to whichever tools may be most appropriate to each case, and also our continued learning. If we cannot help your situation today, we may be able to adapt and learn more and help you tomorrow.
We did a survey recently, and asked our patients what they liked most about us and our clinic. The top ten most common comments we received were that:
1. POSITIVE WORD OF MOUTH- Most people state that they initially come to see us because they had heard good things about out. They stayed because of the results they got.
2. NOTHING ELSE HAD HELPED- Others commented that they had tried other practitioners, medications, and often surgery without relief, and had tried us as a last resort.
3. REAL CONCERN- It was also noted that many patients did not feel that other doctors really cared, or took the time to listen to them. They like the fact that we do show real concern, and really try to fix their problem.
4. HONEST OPINIONS- A few noted that we seemed to give honest opinons on their health issues, whether it would benefit us or not. The word trustworthy came up a lot.
5. HATE TAKING MEDICATIONS- We had quite a few people tell us that they hate taking medications or having surgery and would do anything to avoid them. Coming to us helped them achieve many of their goals naturally.
6. VERY INTO NATURAL HEALTH- We also seem to have quite a few patients that are very into natural health, and since we are knowledgeable in many areas of natural health, our clinic is a good place form them to get natural treatment and advice.
7. WELLNESS VISITS- We do offer Wellness / Preventative Visits for those who want them, which is a bonus to those that find regular visits keep them out of trouble, and in tip top condition.
8. TREATED VERY WELL- All the people that completed our survey indicated that our entire staff was very pleasant and easy going, as compared to an often sterile environment of traditional offices. Our little office is like a little home.
9. RESULTS- Results or effectiveness was one of the main comments received to the question “why do you keep coming”. Our patients believe we actually hunt down the problem and try to kill it. If we cannot, we keep looking until we find it, or tell you who else might be able to help.
10. NOT AFRAID TO RESEARCH- If we don’t know the answer, we will try to find it- either by doing a little research, or calling up colleagues that may have the answer.
From L to R: Beverly Finley, Midge Plunk, Dr. Robin Barnes, Dr. Matthew Barnes
From our home in Adamsville Tennessee we have provided 16 years of Chiropractic experience and 9 years of Chiropractic Acupuncture experience to local families as well to our neighbors in Savannah and Selmer.
Contact Us Today to schedule an appointment or for answers to any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.
You may also sign up to receive our newsletter below.